Tuesday, November 11, 2008

He Caved

... I'll come and see you but I won't sit down.

That's what B told me before he left for work this afternoon. He's been working early mornings at one job then working late nights at the other. Because of the crazy hours our time in the middle is limited. He has to be to work at 4am tomorrow but I begged him to at least stop bye and kiss me goodnight before he went home to sleep. Finally after a few bats of the eye and a nuzzled nose in the neck he caved.

I can't get enough of him. It's the way he makes me laugh. It's the way he smells. It's the corner of his mouth. It's his patience. It's his strength. It's the way he looks at me. It's the way my head falls perfectly at his chest. It's his honesty. It's hunger for life. It's his desire for God. It's the way he pushes me. The way he believes in me.

3 years, 7 months, and 9 days and I still can't get enough of him. Sure some days things aren't all good, there are days that are chock full of the bad and ugly. But at the end of the day... I still can't get enough. I'm still batting the eyes and nose nuzzling in desperate hope that I can persuade him to stay one more minute. Tonight it worked:) Thanks babe.

No comments: