Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Aye Papi

We went to Brett's Grandma's birthday dinner last night at Chevy's. I wasn't a big fan of the food.. but we tried fried ice cream for the first time. AMAZING. They gave Laura a sombrero for her birthday but she didn't want it so she gave it to Brett. After dinner B and I had to stop by Ikea. We got there and I was so busy gathering my purse and locking the car door, etc. that I didn't even notice (until we were almost in Ikea) that he was wearing the sombrero from Chevy's! I started laughing and asked if he was kidding and if he was just waiting until I noticed and then we would turn around and go put it back in the car. Instead, he very seriously told me he was wearing it inside. After a few rounds of no you are not- oh yes I am banter. We laughed and proceeded into Ikea (me walking a couple steps ahead of him of course). After awhile I totally forgot he was wearing it until I noticed the long stares (a few from Mexican families). Sorry to anyone in Mission Valley Ikea who may have been offended by my boyfriends odd sense of humor. He means well.

No comments: