Saturday, May 16, 2009

Who woulda thunk?

Almost directly in the middle of this picture is a building. An apartment complex that I lived in when I was really little. The place I met Aubri, the place Genieva lived first, the place where home videos of me throwing tantrums on the floor were taped, the place where my fondest memories of my Dad were made, the place where Tony was introduced into my life, the place where I remember watching lightening in the parking lot with my grandpa.

Fast forward 18 years..
I'm standing on a hill looking into the past, playing all these memories in my head. I stand and smile a moment longer before I turn to the house behind me. Today's the day. My wedding dress is ready. A girl only wears one wedding dress in her life and mine is ready and waiting for me. Waiting in the house on the hill. The same house that looked over those same apartments and chubby cheeked girl 18 years ago. Who would've thought?

I'm such a sentimental sap lately.. I just can't help it. My chubby cheeks couldn't help but smile.

No comments: