Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Candy Canes...

It's been 12 days since we got engaged at Disneyland.. 12 whole days!!! Which meant it was time for another Dland trip of course. Thanks to my curiosity and love for watching food being made I grabbed Brett and ran over to the large crowd forming in front of the candy shop window. (There's always a crowd in the window but never one that big). Thanks again to my fine tuned eavesdropping skills... I found out why there was all this commotion. The candy shop was hand making candy canes. "So what?" right?... WRONG! We had conveniently stepped into a rare and magical Disney experience! People had gotten there early to line up for tickets that they would exchange for Candy Canes. I'm hesitant to admit this but Brett and I both immediately fell for magic. We got in line for the next batch and made some new Disney friends. These people were true Disney nuts.. they put Brett and I to shame. At the end of the day we walked away with 5 candy canes (Don't ask how much we payed for these suckers). 2 for us and 3 to give as Christmas presents to our fellow Disney nuts. We had so much fun today and we went back and relived the moment in front of our castle (I call it that now... It's totally our castle after the last trip). Brett cut the day short because he had a little surprise. We grabbed our traditional BBQ and feta pizza at California Pizza Kitchen then proceeded to the theater nearby. Brett had bought us tickets to see it's a wonderful life on the big screen. Believe it or not I've never seen that movie all the way through.. It was awesome!




No comments: